Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Notes to myself -

"Dear Diary"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I continue down memory lane with recent posts and I may not be done, yet. Whether we look back by the written word, through our visual art or with our mind, the time always seems well spent in my estimation. Such thinking also seems to take the edge off the uncertainty of days ahead. Within the context of economic collapse, shifting fortunes and making do with less, my friend and extremely talented artist, Karen D'Amico, has this to say. I do believe her words are, as Ivan Pope says, "Brilliant, thanks!"

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like this soft texture, makes me want to cuddle her. Or maybe she's waiting for you to do so?

Are these reminiscing a closure to the ending year?

12:32 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
I suppose that these are about closing 2008. Although, I do this at other times of the year as well. While I don't dwell on the past I find that reflection, at those times when it deigns to visit, is a very worthwhile thing to do. :)

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home