Sunday, December 21, 2008

While I was out walking -

"Faded Memory of A Once Happy Place"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Today's post is loosely based on an old classic, "Silhouettes", popularized by The Rays or Herman's Hermits, depending upon which decade you prefer. Anyway, it's the opening line of the song, "Took a walk and passed your house late last night", that informs the image here, not the larger theme of mistaking an address as is made clear by the end of the song. Any way I look at it, I seem to encounter walks and walking at almost every turn.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger studio lolo said...

You're dating yourself with the music...and I'm dating myself with knowing both references ;)
haha...word verification=sonating

2:10 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

She looks like Helene!

1:13 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

I'm too busy (Christmas stressed) making parcels for customers. Soon I'll throw them all away, and let them find the addresses themselves! This is a horrible moment! (Of course, it could be worse...)

4:12 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
I don't mind a little bit of dating. It isn't carbon dating is it? :D

SusuPetal:
I'll be darned! It does at that!

hpy:
Hmmm, is this a case of "Bah! Humbug!", Hélène? :D

4:48 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I think it's beautiful, but absolutely lost. I believe she'll find her way.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Elegia:
I think so too! :)

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home