Saturday, January 03, 2009

NEW from Fog Walk 2008 -

"A Walk in the Fog III"
manipulated digital photograph by Mick Mather
As I make moves toward publishing documentations of the land art and walking art projects I completed in 2008, I revisited this file and rediscovered this piece. The direction I'm taking, or that I seem to be thinking about taking, is complicated and maze-like with the walking as art being the driving wheel for me at this point in time. Since all of my site specific works have begun with walks anyway, this is a perfectly comfortable fit and I'm looking forward to a few weekends with no obligations so I can get outside and do just that ... walk!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Here's that Japanese touch again.

Walking is a state of mind. I love to walk, can walk all day with small breaks, just walk, walk, walk.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
I see what you mean about the Japanese Touch although it's not what I had in mind when I created the piece.

I completely agree about walking and a state of mind. Walking takes me to a place like no other; except perhaps for long distance running which I did a lot of when I was a teenager. They're not exactly the same mentally, but there's a thread that ties them. Either way, I much prefer walking, love to do it and am seeking an opportunity even in the cold weather and snow. :)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home