Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Presidents Day -

"Semaphore Metaphor"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Yes, it is Presidents Day - Washington and Lincoln to be specific - both born a few days apart in February, but I digress. I'm still playing about with old themes and old methods of working with a few new twists and the same old filters. I rather enjoy the pastel hues of today's post and I was thinking of the naval flags, called semaphores, while finishing this up. I had hopes of finding a 4-squared pennant to use in this little vignette but, alas, there isn't one.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger John M. Mora said...

Stately T, great composition ... complimentary colors.

8:30 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Your naval flag (I didn't know that they were called semaphores) is flagging for something nice, I hope. There's the yellow quarantaine of course, but the rest must be for something nicer.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Thanks, John. :)

hpy:
Actually, now that you mention the colors, I'm thinking about vanilla custard and butterscotch pudding. :)

7:15 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

That sounds delicious, I'll have some, too, please. I'll sit here, enjoy my pudding and look at this beautiful cafe decorated with smooth, pastel figures.

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh now this is nice, I like the pastel colors and the "block" quality of it. It reminds me of a quilt (and that's a compliment as I like quilts).

11:46 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Alright then, 2 spoons it is! :D

Shani:
I like quilts too, Shani. Between the semaphore flags and the quilt show, block upon block seems to be the way with this piece!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

You have a presidents day? Does that mean a day of play and no work?
I like the clearness of this, the soft tones arn't too bold and overwhelming which means the smaller details like the watch/wrist strap show through. Almost collage like!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
Yes, yes and yes. It was the first time in a decade that I've had the day off though. :)

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home