Monday, February 09, 2009

NEW from the Virtual Walk Series -

"Walking Across A Broken Landscape"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Just for fun, I've embarked on a series of virtual walks. These excursions are born of my internet researches and are, mostly, accidental and serendipitous discoveries that have much in common with my real walking art projects. The other thread that connects is the documentation of the evidence, the path, the topography, the steady step and the benefit of a pure experience. Like Jane Doe in today's post, a journal is carried for the purpose of making notes, itemizing thoughts, sensory perceptions, drawings, maps, sketches, writing poetry and gathering interesting things found along the way. Hey! Let's get going!

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

So, if it wasn't Jane, it could have been you! I like the black and white, with some tones of grey too.

6:55 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

All these Janes! It's time to post a Joe walking, Mick:)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I suppose that's true, Hélène. :)

SusuPetal:
Alright, alright, I'll start looking for a "Joe" to post ... but, another Jane would be much more interesting.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

lol, how many Jane's does Mick need? I wouldn't mind tagging along on this virtual walk if a Lisa will do?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
Exactly how many is a secret between me and my collection of etchings! As for tagging along on a virtual walk, I do believe you've stumbled into something here, Lisa. Let me give some thought to the parameters and instructions for this "Around the World Virtual Walk." It could be a lot of fun so, watch for further details and feel free to bug me if the idea slips away from me for too long.

5:10 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

I like Jane.

Doe, a dear.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
You won't get any argument here ... aside from that semantics thing: "me like Jane!" :)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Ok, I have my walking shoes ready! Sounds like fun!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
The idea is percolating. At this point my thoughts center around having children, grandchildren, a neighbor or even a stranger on the street draw a map of the immediate area, including a mark for some point of interest that you should seek. Then you get your camera, sketchbook or journal, go on the walk (take the kids, grandkids or neighbor) and document it. Gee, this is almost there ... by the end of the weekend, perhaps, I can get this into some simpler instructions that would be easier to read along with a method to share or post everyone's documentation, including a project map.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home