Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Now you see it, now you don't -

"Mirage"
digital collage by Mick Mather
The set of pieces that I've been working on recently have a common thread in that I've been stretching slivers of background before cutting and pasting them where I think they should go. Since much of that built-up base is done prior to filtering and layering, there's always some sense of impending doom at my elbow. In any event, it's proving to be an interesting way to work and I'm following this path for the time being. Oh! Sorry, I'm actually at a meeting and not really here ... carry on!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

You can, or at least I can, imagine a face in the person who's walking towards me. But that face is not at its place.

6:56 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Almost The Invisible Man.

Quite a slippery guy, can't get a hold on him!

I like the layers in this pic, rough, yet transparent.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Isn't that the intrigue of a mirage, Hélène? It keeps moving around. :)

SusuPetal:
Or, maybe it's Gort, from "The Day the Earth Stood Still". :D

5:20 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

Gort, from "The Day the Earth Stood Still" - I do see it now - befoere it was justra an aura...

8:24 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Hints, impressions and shadowy shapes in the mist! :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I am intrigued by the box like frame you've subtly put this in which is in contrast to the smeared and blurred central focus. Intersting for the eye to travel through.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
Thank you, Lisa, and I have to say that this piece is a bit of work for me to travel through. If you were well rewarded, I'm delighted to know that.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home