Sunday, June 21, 2009

HAPPY FATHER's DAY -

"A Day to Himself"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I suppose today's post is dependent upon many factors and I don't intend to speak for all fathers nor paint the sentiment here expressed with a broad brush. Even so, for some few of us - rather than a homely tie, ill-fitting polo shirt or a "world's best dad" mug - what we'd really like is a little time to ourselves. Being that times are tough, I think today would be a good day for it this year. Well, gotta run, here comes the whole family ... there better be a cake in that lot, somewhere!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like that pic. It has a lot of feelings.

Father's Day is celebrated in November in Finland.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Well, what do you know! A forward thinking Finn - a father I bet - picks a day when traveling any distance to honor him would be quite difficult! As for me? OH BOY! Another day when people can leave me alone! :D

9:33 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Not being a father myself I can't say anything about fathers and their wishes, but I could still understand, and even very well, hopes you and they can have of a forgotten Farther's day.
In France it was yesterday and although part of the family was here for a long lunch, nobody expected gidts are special cakes. We had a good apple cake however, straight from one of the home bakeries in town.
But nobody had dressed up like your father figure!

10:57 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

great picture modern and ols all in one like generations of americans alss in one...was there a file in the cake to get out of jail?

4:33 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Come to think of it, I didn't dress like that yesterday either! :O

John:
Not only was there NOT a file in the cake, by the time I was ready to have some, there was NO cake left! As Chester Riley would've said, "What a revoltin' development this is!"

5:46 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

Great, moody shot!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Seth:
Thanks so much. :)

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home