Saturday, July 04, 2009

Ain't No Cane on the Brazos -

"Crow and Snake"
manipulated fractal & digital drawing by Mick Mather
It's been a long time since I watched a pair of crows dispatch a black snake but that image has always stuck with me. The other day, as I was fiddling around with an old fractal in one of my digital drawing programs, this piece popped out. I was also thinking that "Crow and Snake" would be a great name for a new brand of virgin rum and, voila! Here's the label art. Question: is there any interest in seeing me complete the label? Okay, I'll settle for a toast to Independence Day instead.
Happy Birthday America

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Happy Birthday and continuing is always challenging.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very interesting! I like!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Yes, another 10-rounder each and every day!

Mary Stebbins Taitt:
Thanks very much, Mary. I'm personally very intrigued with this piece myself and will probably press on and design the label ... one of these days! :)

11:28 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

how long can a rum stay virginal? loose lips and all...powerful image post.al modern tribal.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
LOL ... a complicated question whose answer is: within 24-hours of the first pressing of premium, hand-picked cane. That said, pass that bottle this way and we'll settle it another way! :D

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home