Thursday, July 02, 2009

NEW from The Selfportrait Series -

"Selfportrait of the Artist as Poppa"
manipulated digital photograph by Mick Mather
- photograph taken by Leighlund Ruth Vincett -

It's always an adventure when I get to share my art activities with both of my beautiful granddaughters, Leighlund and Paige. Today's post is inspired by this week's Thursday Challenge theme, male, and a fortuitous photograph that Leighlund took (using my Kodak Z740) during the documentation of Lieghlund's Cairn I. There's also a second piece, Leighlund's Cairn II, that has never been posted - it's waiting for one of my land art books if the girls and I can complete another dozen works. As luck would have it, double duty means this can also serve as part of The Selfportrait Series ... who knew?

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

I can see you!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Elegia:
Caught! :)

9:02 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Hey! How you're doing! Poppa could do with some outdoors and sun!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OOOioh, I like this, MICK!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
I'm doing pretty well, all things considered ... welcome back, Susu. As for the sun? No thanks, it makes me sneeze! :O

Mary Stebbins Taitt:
Thanks, Mary! Leighlund never could quite get the hang of using the viewfinder. I loved the original photograph anyway. :)

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home