Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A proposal for a public artwork -

"The Really Big Mural"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I've been putting off work on this piece but today it commanded my attention. As the final few layers were being applied it began to look like a rather large mural on the side of an old building so I went a bit further. What I've ended up with is a very nice piece that can be used as support material to turn this into a real public art project or gallery installation. Hmmm, now I've done it! Another series of work is afoot!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OOOoh, I like this! Neat. I did a couple "murals" (created ones). I might like to do some more.

If you've done any more SPs, point me toward them sometime.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Thanks, Mary. I do have a few more selfportraits that I haven't uploaded to flickr yet. I'll try to get that done in a day or two. So, the best thing to do is click on the link in my sidebar.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home