Saturday, February 10, 2007

Stretching out and paying the price -

"Reflection of a Hard Driving Woman"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Some filters are so darned seductive it's hard to shut them off. Tonight's post is a case in point where I was determined to get some useful result without being what I call, "photoshoppy". If I haven't said this before - although I believe that I have - way too much of the digital art that I see relies far too much on filters and plug-in technology. Long story short, I can spot work that is photoshopped from 20 yards and I don't particularly care for much of it. For that very reason, I don't use the program, nor Illustrator, nor Corel Draw, not Painter or any of the traditional graphics software that can run into the hundreds of dollars. In the end, I suppose, the piece you see here is a little bit of crow for me to eat - being one of only a few pieces that I've allowed to escape from the "photoshopped" file. Like I said, some of the new filters I've been playing with are very, very seductive....forgive this transgression?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I like this a LOT!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

It was a tough image for me to wrestle to the blog considering the issue that I write about. Thanks for this comment.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home