Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Something about her -

"Driven To Abstraction"
digital collage by Mick Mather
It's always a blast to work on something ordinary, an unremarkable, candid snapshot for instance. You know the sort, taken at a dinner, an office party or some function that only merits a casual documentation. Even the most boring of these contains something, or someone, with a sparkle and shine worth elevating, like the subject in tonight's post, obviously. After running this one through the usual array of super secret filters, as well as some of the new ones, an abstract quality began to assert itself. So, a bit of minimalism wrestling its way out of an almost ambient color field toward the realism of the figure. Do pardon the professorial hoo-haw explanation that translates, in my own mind, to: I like her smile!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

WOW, You've been busy, or was it a life time, since I last was here? You have so own origin style and I like it. So there is "something" what touches my taste and mind...english, I wish I could explain better...:)

5:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Well, more GREAT BIG THANKS to you for this comment. I should tell you that I create a new image every day. There are times when I don't put up a post, but that is rare. I'm delighted that you're touched by my work and, by the way, your English is just fine - I know exactly what you mean. As you must know, I sit here blushing! :)
Just a thought, have you visited my Outer Dust Rings blog yet? I've been keeping it quiet for now, I think some of your work would be a perfect fit there and we should chat about that by email soon. Here's a link - http://outerdustrings.blogspot.com/

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home