Saturday, July 07, 2007

A funny thing happened on the way to the Lab -

"Reinventing the Wheel I"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY
digital collage by Mick Mather

As I mentioned last week, I went on a binge of development work for another Totem Project proposal. While I was comfortably ensconced at the Secret Visual Laboratory with the mouse in one hand and a glass of Courvoissier, straight up, in the other, another series of works popped out. The piece you see here is destined to become a large painting...4' X 8' as I currently see it. I know, I know, I've talked about turning images into paintings before and the likelihood of it actually happening anytime soon is still as suspect as my good intentions. I thought you might like to see it and it stands alone as a digital print anyway - remember, most of my work can be purchased for $50 through Lucas Gallery Online.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

I thought this was bubble plastic. You know, you can bang them and there's a nice sound ;)

Sorry but my favourite activity is bang these peaces ;)) It's very relaxing.

Nevertheless they never are so colourful. This is nice!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
LMAO - yes, popping bubble plastic can be very relaxing. I think we all like to have a handful now and then and give it a good squeeze! That said, thank you so much (blush!) for the comment. I hope to post "Reinventing the Wheel II" sometime in the next week or so.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

One artist... to another....

Just..........do......it!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

janice:
That's very good advice. Just as I was about to come up with yet another excuse? I read your words again. :D

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home