Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Time -

"Time for Contemplation"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
The theme at Thursday Challenge this week is time. This photograph has a number of meanings for me in this context, beginning with the subject, an acquaintance of many years. Then there's the exhibition where this was taken, a very time consuming event requiring the effort of dozens of people. Then, there's the time spent in contemplation of the work at hand, works produced by many artists over varying periods of time. Finally, there's the culture itself, having roots that centuries old, informing the work on display. Time? Yes indeed.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

So much to see, so little time.
I like the foggy figure. And I am very curious: it would be nice to see, what's she's watching. I doubt the figure is she. I might be wrong too.

I like this very much!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Thanks so much, elegia. It is a she, a friend of mine, looking at art at an art gallery opening. The photograph is a long shot of a series of 1.3 X 2.6 meter panels with individual artworks hanging upon them. I'm always pleased to know when someone likes one of my pieces (blush!)...so, thanks again. :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

this is lovely.. You get a wonderful sense of solitude and painterliness....

5:51 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

janice:
Thanks so much (blush!) ... I talk about said painterliness fairly often in my own daily writings about each piece. My intent with digital collage and photo-manipulation has always had as an end goal that impressionist and/or expressionist painterly look to the final piece.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home