Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Light -

"A Torch Illuminating Secret Papers"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

photograph by Mick Mather
Darned long day again at the office - well, mostly out of the office, but you probably know what I mean. I'm tired and hungry and way behind in more than a few of the things that need to be done around the house so, here's tonight's post. As you can see, Thursday Challenge offered up the theme of light for this week. I set this up late last night in the studio and took a series of photographs with and without flash. This somewhat fuzzy image presented itself and I like it as is - meaning that this isn't manipulated at all aside from being smallered to fit the working frame. Enjoy, must dash!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Spooky, and I wonder what those papers are?
A powerful pic.

9:07 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Light could be the contrary to heavy but I guess that most of the participants focused on this kind of light. I did it too.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Wow, this is great. This could be so many things. The light could be someone's head when she/he get some idea, you know.

I think she/he's working, there's some paperwork to do. Maybe he/she is some sort of inspector or researcher.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, quite spooky. I ran this through some filters before coming back to the original version. Some of those are spookier still, giving the image a ghostly appearance of a head and shoulders! :O

hpy:
For once, searching about for other meanings was not something I had time for ... I blame that on the heavy workload at my office these past three weeks.

elegia:
As I mention in my reply to hpy, I did see a head here. Interesting idea you have about some sort of an inspector and I sure could use a research assistant in the Secret Visual Laboratory! :D

5:59 AM  
Blogger Save My Studies said...

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BY FAR. As usual I see a figure. A man at his desk with head down on hand, dreaming up his next creation. You at work I suppose.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

robert:
Thanks, as always, for the comment. I'm very sure that you have the dreaming part of it down. Me, at work, sawing wood! :D

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home