Sunday, October 07, 2007

Please take a seat -

"Waiting Room for an Acid Head"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
I often wonder where these wild goose chases of the mind get their legs. Okay, okay, it's my mind that I'm talking about and the easy explanation is the manipulated treatment of today's post. From there? How in the world does one get to neurophilosophy, a research paper published in Social History of Medicine, the use of LSD as a cure for alcoholism and Professor Erika Dyck? I suppose the easy button answer is that I placed a particular query in a search engine and began following some threads. As the Wicked Witch of the West bemoaned in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, "I'm melting, I'm melting!" Oh well ... dude, pass the kool aid.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I'm afraid the next seat is taken...

I like this pic!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LOL, thanks for joining me here in the hallway. :D

1:23 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

What are we all waiting for?

1:55 AM  
Blogger carla said...

Another very cool piece! I love the great stuff one can unearth doing an internet search. It really is the information age!

4:20 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I believe we're waiting for the ceiling to melt into the floor ... and, it's coming along nicely! :D

carla:
It is a lot of fun and what in the world did we do before the internet? I don't remember seeing ALL of YOU at the library! :D

5:04 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I sit too. I want that farthest chair, cause I'm shy. I like the colors too - lila is one of my favourites. I think it's very suitable.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Okay, I reserve the farthest one for you. If I sit next to you, it's okay if you decide not to say anything. We can sit quietly, enjoying the lilac colors. :)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

they are very inviting, maybe I'll sit down

4:12 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
Yes. Please take a number and please take a seat. :)

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home