Saturday, October 06, 2007

Wonders of Creation -

"Working Drawing for the Intelligent Design of the Mantis"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digital collage by Mick Mather
I'm still in a playful mood and as I was cutting and pasting a new piece this morning the rough, sketch-like image of a praying mantis appeared hand in hand with a question. Specifically, where did the insects come from? There aren't a lot of definitive theories on either side of the issue, "how did we get here?" - hence, the rather long winded title which, by the way, I like very much and as far as that goes I think I'll leave it right here. :)

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Oooh, I really like this--I may want to use it. How would you like a page in the new Silk Creek II? Don't ask (I know, we did IV first--there IS a story behind that).

1:18 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary:
LOL - I've been waiting to hear that story. In any case, of course I'd be delighted to be included in SCR II as long as you don't see my appearances as overkill! :)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I like green food, but I would not eat that!

But the picture is great. I like it. It could also be a human's hand. This is very multidimensional!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
As I looked at this before posting I could see what appears to be a human head. A gruesome head or face at that and I said to myself, "Elegia will say something about this!" :D

4:02 PM  
Blogger Save My Studies said...

Mick, This is visual DYNAMITE!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

robert:
Thanks very much, it was a lot of fun to work on, too. BOOM!!! :D

4:51 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Hey Mick, now you are chilly! You were talking about head, I was talking about hand. Who is the crazy one...? ;D ;D

10:20 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
LMAO ... I misread the word hand! Now that I really see what you were talking about, jeepers! That's one, spooky, Hallowe'en Ghoul of a hand alrightee! :D

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home