Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Traditions -

"The Burqa"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY
digital drawing & collage by Mick Mather
It was a long, strange trip getting to this point with tonight's post. Beginning with a rendered fractal, I added layers using a digital drawing program where multiple designs were stretched, merged and layered again - here, transparency tools also came into play. Then, the whole thing was finished off with one of my favorite manipulation filters here at the Secret Visual Laboratory. I see two women, each wearing a burqa, walking side by side. Hmm, I wonder what some of you see in this?

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

I see hattifnatts.

10:54 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I saw Darth Vader's head with the helmet, but if you say there's these two women in burqa...

It's Darth Vader!

May the force be with you!

That must be Darth Vader -in the desert where Luke grew up.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LOL. Are those the little characters that Susu had over at her place a few days ago? Where's my barometer? :D

susupetal:
I must say that the idea of Star Wars never entered my mind ... until NOW! :D

12:15 PM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

I see one split face and one undlying head and shoulders....

but the burka ladies.... look like they have some funny medieval headress on...

5:30 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

janice:
Hmm, can't speak for the faces but I did some research on the burqa before titling. While the headdress does seem funny - more like the metal helmet that Ned Kelly fashioned for instance - it is similar to some of the images I was able to find. :)

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home