Sunday, October 14, 2007

Images of a forgotten girl -

"Winds of October"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I've posted a few other images from a body of work that is soon to become a series, I think. The working title for these works is called, as the introductory title suggests, Images of a Forgotten Girl and you can see the others here and here. An offshoot of the She's Not There Series, these pieces deal with one person in relation to the old saying "out of sight, out of mind". While never really forgotten completely, it's more of a comment on my own bent for misidentification or the doppelganger effect ... anyway, another half dozen pieces and I believe I can make the series official.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

She reminds me of Poopeye's girl friend, what was her name?

12:32 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

"A forgotten girl" is such a sad phrase, that it almost makes me cry.
I hate Mondays.

Is she leaving voluntarily, it looks like it.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LOL @ Poopeye! Is that the same as Popeye the Sailor Man? If so, his girlfriends name is Olive Oyl. :D

susupetal:
In this case, the girl is still a very dear friend of mine. For me, it was always one of those situations where I believe we might have both wanted a closer relationship but it was never possible for any number of reasons on both sides of the fence. So, the forgotten part of this is in regards to what can never be. Not many people can survive the emotional turmoil of a good relationship, let alone another one with more questions than answers. Maybe I should cry too?

4:12 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Go ahead:))

8:13 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I like the name of series "images of a forgotten girl".

The girl is in the dark, going away.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Waaa-a-a-a-a-a! :((

elegia:
Thanks for your comment, Elegia, as always with a blush! She does seem to be in the dark here but, for me, I was envisioning one of those late, autumn days when dusk falls quickly and the wind whips and zips along almost visibly. :)

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home