Tuesday, November 20, 2007

...I gotta wear shades -

"The Future's So Bright"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digital collage by Mick Mather
Today's post is one of those images that strikes a musical chord with me. In this case, the 1984 debut of a group called Timbuk3. They pretty much had just one hit - from their debut LP "Greetings From Timbuk3" - but they were quite a good band and quite a bit quirky at the same time. This is all there is today come to that...what with my rosy future and all. :D

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

She looks glamorous, I bet she's going to have a bright future.

(I'd need two pair of sun glasses...!)

10:20 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
The future is never set and always there are twists and turns on our path through life. However, perception is reality, yes?

LMAO @ Susu needs two pair! I doubt that very seriously. :)

3:22 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

She looks happy too.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Indeed she does! I wonder who or what it is she's looking at to make her appear so positive and delighted?

4:37 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Glamorous and sexy! Definitely a bright future. Hmmm, delighted. Good thing to cogitate on.

AND

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :-D

5:26 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

by seeing this, I long for the Summer again.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
Thanks, Mary ... since I was off almost as soon as I got to the office today, this is almost like a vacation! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! :D

griesmail:
Yes! Summer, spaghetti straps, shades and she! :)

12:08 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

She was looking at the photographer behind those glasses.;)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

You don't know just how close to the truth that is! However, she was not happy to see me taking her photograph. To be fair, I collaged the original with another woman so it's no longer really her. I wonder? Should I post the originals at No Matter What Shape - The Archive?

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home