Sunday, November 11, 2007

Technology of fun, old school style -

"Roustabouts"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digital collage by Mick Mather
While tonight's post isn't totally non-objective abstraction, it's surely way out there on the expressionist limb of the tree. I layered a pair of fractals a few weeks back and have been playing with them off and on ever since, adding a bit of digital drawing and generally having fun while shaking things up. Coming back to each version in turn and studying them, I found something in this first set of layers - basically a very stylized set of tents, poles and the Circus Engineers of the Big Top, known as roustabouts. So, here you have it, swirling billows of canvas directed ever upwards, a canopy yet a few feet above the heads of the daring acrobats and the man on the flying trapeze. The edge of town never seemed so exciting as the day the circus came to town!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, I see a peacock in the sun in this pic!

Beautiful, so full of light.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

I liked to read the dialoque between you and Susu ;). No other comments needed.

This image is so beautifull. The lightening the brightnes, reminds me of glass

2:08 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
A peacock! Of course it is! :)

griesmail:
LOL - Susu and I do carry on from time to time, don't we? :D

Thanks for a delightful reference to the exquisite glass work that you do ... perhaps this will show up in one of your pieces sometime? I don't know how you'd get it in there, but if there's a way, I'm sure you'll find it - permission to do so if it's at all possible of course. :)

5:30 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Beautiful. And combination of lime and verdigris is always so vivid. This reminds me waving sparcklers.:)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

itkupilli:
Yes! Now it's sparklers! I love it when the sisters tell me they see something completely different. :)

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home