Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stand a little closer -

"Five O'Clock Shadow"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Another aspect of my working method is to save blocks of time for play. I have two series of works that were made just for that purpose and today's post is one example of the Faces in the Crowd Series. Without going into any great detail - since I've discussed the process previously for work that resides in the Making Faces Series - I take anywhere from 3 to 5 faces and run them through the array of filters, generators and manipulating software here at the Secret Visual Laboratory. Suffice it to say that this image, once completed, suggested its own title. I love it when that happens! :)

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

This is the face that can be seen in the mirror after that so called little christmas...absolutely adoringly awaful!

Mick, you'll find Elegia here, although she now writes under the name Elina, which is her middle name, I read.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO - I do believe you're right! The moral of the story then? Don't look in the mirror! :O

Thanks for the link to Elegia/Elina. Since she just dropped out of sight without saying anything, maybe I better stay away ... plus, I don't read Finnish. Yet! :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Maybe she pops at your blog some day and leaves a trail, hope so.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes. Maybe she will ... I hope so too. :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Cool. I like the way they are all different and yet have a feel that they belong together. Very nice.

I'll be in NY tomorrow through Sunday.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

This is humanoid, I think. And I like humanoids. :)

Sorry for leaving so accidentally. I red your wondering from Susu's blog. I'm a bit impulsive and wanted to create something new.

For now I don't have a blog in English (maybe later), but my new blog includes quite much photos. You are very welcome! And I'll be watching you in the future too! :)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

posted yesterday, another try:

I think you took a photo of a handsome alien, where can we meet; bleep bleep...;)

11:22 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Like the weather this morning.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
Thanks for wandering back through them and for the comment. I'll see you tonight at the Westcott Gallery opening! :D

elina:
I'll be over to the new blog eventually ... I've always loved your photographs. :)

griesmail:
LOL at the alien bleeping. I like that! :D

hpy:
A real pea soup fog & rain kind of day in France yesterday I presume?

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home