Saturday, November 17, 2007

Cover Story -

"Red Baseball Cap"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Something new here from the Faces in the Crowd Series. Basically, a jumble of faces and backgrounds have been layered, filtered, manipulated, repainted and color shifted. In the end, it was the variety of textures that were brought further forward than usual that are attractive for me - also seen in yesterdays post where patterns are used more aggressively. Too, the look on the person's face began to emerge with each successive layer and I quite like the challenged appearance that has been suggested here.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

She(or the person) looks pleased. I wouldn't, with a baseball cap on my head... not my style, but suits her(him?).
It's a she.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
He or she? Maybe both! I've worn a baseball cap only once in my life - for a very short period of time at 7 years old - when I was in Little League for about a month. I loathe baseball (long story) to this day and I think the idea of a baseball cap as a common accoutrement for men is a travesty of justice. Oh well, each to his, or her, own! :D

4:24 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

What do you think about football, I mean the American football?
In Finland and in Europe soccer is called football(well, the ball is played with feet, isn't it???), only Americans call it soccer.

I don't get American football, but soccer I love.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I'm a big fan of football - both American and European varieties - and, see? I didn't say soccer. Any game that one isn't familiar with can be difficult to understand and, truth be told, I'm not a sports addict. If I miss a game, or even half the season, it's perfectly okay with me. The hardest part about European Football is that there's no properly structured time-out system to allow American Television to make money by selling advertising on broadcasts. Some day it will happen, but not yet. :)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I think it's he and he looks very angry. He might kill someone, I assume.

And by the way: I hate football - both American and European!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
LMAO - I can always count on you to leave an image open to the possibility that there might be blood! :D

Since there's plenty of blood in football, Elina, you should be a huge fan! :D

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home