Thursday, November 15, 2007

NEW from The Selfportrait Series -

"Selfportrait of the Artist as a Transportation Center Poster"
digital collage by Mick Mather
One of my favorite bodies of work, and by far the longest running, is The Selfportrait Series. You can imagine my great surprise when I learned that Thursday Challenge offered up the theme of portrait for the coming week. As an update to anyone unfamiliar with these pieces, this is always an opportunity for me to wear satire on my sleeve and poke fun at myself, the medium of photography and the various uses of photographic imagery - whether that be for fun, for profit or for documentary purposes. :)

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

I don't know why... Your collage remind me about the Pink Floyd's song Waiting for the worms.

But I can also see you on the wall. Eye contact. This is full of emotion.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
This is the most amazing coincidence! Today I was walking down the street in a drizzling rain when the character of a young boy popped into my head. When asked what he likes about walking in the rain he replies, "It smells like worms." :D

9:44 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

wonderful your portrait on the wall and the person looking at it,

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
Thanks very much, Trijnie, I'm glad you like it.

I'm going to an exhibition opening tonight where one of the artists does sand cast glass ... nothing like yours but I'm going to point her to your blog if I see her tonight. :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

You do portraits quite often, so the challenge was not a difficult one for you.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Mick, indeed! Maybe I'm following you... ;D

By the way, I started a new blog in English - Welcome!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

thanks mick, pleasant evening

1:44 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
That's true, and it came during a week when I really needed to pull something already completed from a working file. :)

elina:
Alright then! Now I have no more excuses and can begin leaving comments again. I'll come looking for you later. By the way - I love your new profile pic. :)

griesmail:
Thanks again to you as well, Trijnie.

7:30 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

This is GOOD!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
You always amaze and delight me with your comments, Susu. From a blizzard to an economy of words and insights that always seem to fit just right! :)

2:45 PM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

I dig this.. !!!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

janice:
LOL - thanks for saying so. I do enjoy having a bit of fun with these.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home