Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thursday Challenge: B&W -

"Selfportrait of the Artist as Life Imitating Art in Black & White"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather

- from an original photograph by Michael Moody -
I've been thinking about this week's Thursday Challenge all week and I had plenty of good ideas for the theme, B&W. Just as I was about to begin, serendipity visited my inbox via good friend, artist and photographer, Michael Moody. As it happens, Michael is the photographer who documents the Open Artist Receptions each month at Delavan Art Gallery in Syracuse, New York and this is one of me standing across the room from a painting by another very good friend of mine, artist and printmaker, Michael Berman. So, not only do I have an unexpected image for this weeks challenge, I also get something NEW from The Selfportrait Series. Enjoy, I do believe I smell some turkey cooking in the oven! :D

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh yes, it's Thanksgiving there. (we have only cold turkey here...ha ha)

A chic looking gentleman in the pic, tres charmant as the Frenchmen would say.
Or a Finn.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO @ only cold turkey! We'll have plenty of that too at the end of the day.

... and a blush at your chic looking gentleman comment. Je suis, simplement dit: vieux et de la manière! :|

10:14 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Wow, You are gentleman - gentle man? Is that your working costume as (FBI) agent? I love this - this is classic!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
Gentleman is correct. You are correct again as regards my uniform as a Frenzied Broken Individual! It also backs up an old theory of mine: even a bum looks official in a suit! :D

3:52 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

Yes a real gentleman, very chic indeed :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
... and he blushes! :)

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home