Sunday, January 20, 2008

You can't hide from the infrared beacon -

"Night Light"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I was playing around again this afternoon, wondering what to do with a very, dark photograph that may have been taken in very low light or at night. My mind was wandering off into the realm of infrared sensors, night vision technology and motion detection imaging as it might occur in, let's say, a sci-fi thriller such as The Terminator. Or, how about the original Star Trek - The Motion Picture? I can almost hear the voice of V GER in it's humanoid embodiment - taking the form of Llia, a Lieutenant on the Enterprise portrayed by Persis Khambata - that says "carbon units have infested your planet - must eliminate all carbon units".

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The Artful Eye said...

Nice transformation and color.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

the artful eye:
Thanks very much for this comment. A quick peek at both of your blogs tells me you're a kindred spirit working my side of the street! I loved your transformed poppies image for one. I'll stop by your place again soon to look at more when I can stay longer. :)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

You can hide if you are so cold infrared can't find you. I think. I might be wrong too.

But the picture is great. I can see the horrible zombie in it :)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

again a great image Mick.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
That's correct! I think it's why the Finnish Sisters can't be found during the cold, long winter nights. Or, maybe you're all afraid of the Zombie? :D

womann in glass:
Thank you, Trijnie. :)

5:44 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

We are all zombies here, Mick. That is why we can't be found.
Nobody in his senses would even try to find us...

So, I disappear after enjoying the intense colours of your work...

7:59 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, but when the moon is full, all of you Zombies roam the earth, looking for human flesh to devour! There's a full moon tonight now that I think of it ... yikes! :O

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home