Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Moving right along -

"The Running Gears of Hell"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digital drawing & painting by Mick Mather
There's been a healthy return on investment when it comes to my time spent viewing artwork. I should point you to another favorite site, FFFFOUND!, that I've been checking a lot more often these days - a daily posting of some amazing images to be found on the internet. It's a tagging or bookmarking social website that anyone can use to keep track of their favorites without using up megabytes of space on their own hard drive. Well, for now, registration is closed while the site is in what it calls private beta, whatever that means. Anyway, you can still scroll through the new additions as they go up, jump to other, similar images in the sidebar, or click a member name to see their bookmarked images. That said, the piece you see here was inspired by something I saw over there last night. At the same time, it's tied to a recent conversation I was involved in regarding Old Irish Sayings. As can be seen here for example, when an Irish woman is caught at less than her personal best appearance, she might say, "Off with yer blarney, then - I look like the running gears of hell!" Well, here they are! :)

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

At first, seeing this pic, I thought your hippie-period, that went on in the previous pic, is continuing -saw all these sun flowers!

But true, big wheels keep on turning!

Colour in the greyness of January!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LOL ... thanks for soaking up some of the color with me! Spring is on the way, believe it or not. :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

With those colors it doesn't seem like hell to me - much too bright. But hell may be different for all of us!

1:43 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I see what you mean and I believe that you're right that it may be different for each of us.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Very bright wheels, shocking!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
It was the bright, primary colors layered over the digital drawing beneath that set a tone for me with this one. I suppose it's always shocking to discover something quite unusual underneath the pretty, masked exterior. :)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very cool and interesting image! I really like it.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
Thanks, Mary. Are you stull in town? Th3 is tonight and all the Galleries should be open - I'll be at The Link Gallery at The Warehouse from 5:00 to 8:00pm.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home