Tuesday, February 05, 2008

NEW from The Mister Existence Series -

"Sister Existence and Her Magic Swirlin' Ship"
digital collage by Mick Mather
The early thinking over this piece was all about the empty suit, a dream and pop art/op art swirls of colors. Then, as is often the case, something else took over - in this case, our very sweet, if somewhat confused Sister Existence. The background is a multi-layered digital drawing gone awry that was turned into an abstract, smudge painting. I'm thinking that it could possibly stand on it's own and you can have a look at it here, if interested. Be that as it may, the suit was added, then Sister herself and then a bit more fiddling and manipulation. I feel like I'm rushing this piece in some way and, although I've spent plenty of time on it, I keep thinking that it should sit for a while. The last time I did that, though? The image never made it out of the files and it's almost a year old ... hmmm, perhaps I should give it a sixth chance at breaking out of jail? We'll see.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh dear, he has blowed his brains off.
That was the first thought.
It still is.

Need a drink.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

Looks very psychedelic to me, great trip

11:19 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO! With Elina away until next month, I was wondering who would take up the gruesome commentary. I'm not so sure that you're wrong either! :D

womann in glass:
Psychedelic was another idea that came to mind - even more so with the un-layered version that I link to. In the end, that mid- to late-1960's movement had as much to do with the pop art and op art movement of the early 60's, hand-in-hand with an often drug-inspired investigation and experimentation of the graphic arts and design fields.

12:50 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Someone's lost his head?

11:31 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LOL - I never noticed that until some of you mentioned it. Actually, this is a shirt, tie and suit on one of those display mannequins that haberdashers use - they don't have a head, just the upper body form for shirts, sweaters, jackets ... but, you all knew that! :)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home