Tuesday, March 04, 2008

NEW from The Selfportrait Series -

"Selfportrait of the Artist Explained by a Lecturer"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I'm still chuckling over a recent question from my good friend, Shani Thomas, who asked if I was geeky after seeing this older addition to The Selfportrait Series. The truth is, no matter what I may have to say about it, we simply cannot qualify our own geek factor. While the jury is still out, there does appear to be an explanation through the course of at least one lecture regarding what's inside my crazy head and what it all must mean. :D

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Funny! I'd like to hear that lecture!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
The good thing about it is that it will be a very S-H-O-R-T lecture! :D

4:52 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Fantastic! Your art is so intellectual. I am with susupetal, would love to hear the lecture!
Most artists are mad or depressed I've heard...

7:21 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Lisa. I'm surely not the depressed type but, a little mad? Probably. I seem to be in good company though, you hear voices too! :D

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wellllllllllll, but then the question arises...is geekiness a bad thing? Might geekiness actually hide a goodness within? Might geekiness actually be a quality? Why look at Clark Kent, we always thought he was a geek right, but there was Superman lurking underneath! I think though Mick you're too creative to be a true geek :-)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani thomas:
I'm sitting here with a cowlick in a pair of goofy glasses and a set of those fake, buck teeth that Jerry Lewis would wear before turning into Buddy Love! Geeky is as geeky does! :D

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home