Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blast from the past -

"Entertaining Jane"
digital collage by Mick Mather
A few years ago I had a body of work called The Memory Series. There were two different pieces of Jane, a girlfriend from my misspent youth, and I suppose I could've added to the series since this piece is fitting; but, that work is finished I think. She's on my mind just a little less often these days and we used to call each other once every 5 years or so, but no longer. Life goes on, love dims, sometimes fades but, dare I say it? The memory, unlike the series, lives on.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

She looks very happy. Because she is with you or was with you... ;-)) I like this pic.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
She does look happy and, yes, because she was with me, for a short while at least. She made me smile too. :)

8:28 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

She looks nice.

Memories do linger on.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
She was one of the big loves of my life. As for the lingering memory? Almost 30 years worth! :)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home