Sunday, April 27, 2008

Trying again -

"The Girls at the Office"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I've been working on this piece for a few weeks, hitting a dead end each time. Last night I decided to go back a few layers and run it through an old filter that I use sparingly these days. Well, that didn't work very well either, even after posting it, so I've taken that one down and went back to one of the new filters. Better this time, I think. I'll put the other one that sat here much of the late afternoon and evening at No Matter What Shape - The Archive.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

The girls are fading away!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Yes, they certainly seem to be. Probably fading up to high level management positions! :)

7:10 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like this better than the other one, the other one is too much of pointillism in my taste, this is smooth.
As women are.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I like this one better too. It wasn't the overt pointillism that bothered me as much as the lightness of the pastel hues that seemed to melt together into an indistinguishable mass in the end. By the by, I delight in the smoothness of women and will reward each and every one of them who will accept even a minimal contact with my scruffy, rough edges! :D

3:19 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Girls could be in the hospital too. Nurses, there's office too in hospital. I like this, it feeds my imaginary.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I'd say your imagination has run away with you, Elegia. I like it when that happens. :D

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummm...interesting. They're both nice, this one reminds me of a watercolor, soft, flowing and the other more pointillistic, more pastel in color. I think if I had to choose, I like the pointillisim piece.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
Well, there you have it! I'm at an even split between which is the favorite. I'm glad I decided to post post of them - something that I rarely do.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home