Monday, April 21, 2008

NEW from The Birdhouse Series -

"Birdhouse II"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
- original photograph by Lelainia N. Lloyd -

As I mentioned last week, here's the second image from a new group of work now known as The Birdhouse Series. I suppose that spring is a fitting time for such an auspicious beginning and, once again, my many thanks to Lelainia N. Lloyd at Tattered Edge for allowing me to manipulate a beuatiful photograph of one of her own birdhouses. This is a radical treatment come to that and here's a link to the original at No Matter What Shape - The Archive just to give you an idea of what that means. :)

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I have been lying in wait....I am liking the way this series is looking. This one here has such a lovely organic feel too it. Like it is made from sticks and leaves.It's veiny leaf like appreance reminds me of two things...life and a journey. Maybe lifes journey..or maybe I can't help but relate anything to do with birds back to society and people. Either way I like this a lot!

Hope someone benefited from your sudden urge to peel potatoes:)

10:35 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

You've been busy posting again. I like the hit and run, and the primitive much for their warm colors. The birdhouse makes me think of an envelope and the times when people used ordinary mail to write to each other.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Thanks very much for this comment. Much of the look to my recent work, especially the two birdhouse pieces, is due to a new filter I'm using. I'm not quite so fond of the organic look I get from it but sometimes, as here, it's the way to go. For me, it's that subtle reminder that real birds live amongst branches, twigs, leaves and other materials they use to create nests, not houses.

As for the potatoes? I tossed in a small cabbage, some carrots and a brisket of corned beef. Yum!

hpy:
Thanks for mentioning the other two pieces as well as this one. Now, it seems, I'll have to consider another series as I clearly see an envelope here. Hmmm, it should fit well as a group of monotype prints following The Toast Series.! :O

4:21 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

The long and winding road...too busy...got to go....see ya!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I think I just saw a blur of you as your tore past that blind spot in my peripheral vision! :O

12:53 PM  
Blogger S. Collier said...

Feeling like it's a long week on Monday...not a good sign, however I'm sure your Tuesday Earth Day Celebration will help.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

the charm school dropout:
It was indeed! :D

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home