Monday, April 28, 2008

NEW from The Toys Series -

"Toy Soldiers"
digitally manipulated tempera-on-paper painting by Mick Mather
I've fallen headlong into this body of work. My most recent notion, albeit an improbable one, is to get enough of these completed for my imminent 1-man show at The Weiskotten Gallery at Upstate Medical University here in Syracuse, New York. I don't have a problem with output and I'm certain I can accomplish 2-dozen new works without any problem; getting the digital work printed and all of the work matted and framed is a BIG issue. Anyway, I did mention that there was more to say on these paintings and manipulations, this was part of it. Well, back to work!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Do children still play with toy soldiers, or only upgrown men?

1:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
That's a good question, Hélène, one that I can't answer. I had dozens of these when I was a boy but it was decidedly a childhood phase for me. :)

7:22 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I did play with soldiers as a child. Nowadays I play with men ;DD

8:53 AM  
Blogger S. Collier said...

Amen, that s@#t's hard to get off the computer and on the wall!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I'll be off for some days, to the cottage. It's been almost 20 degrees celsius here today and the forecast promises fine weather!

There's some champagne in my blog, please help yourself while I'm gone.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Where do I go to get in line? :D

the charm school dropout:
You're right about that, Sarah. Financially impossible at this point in time. I hope I won't have to cancel the show, I really want to exhibit this new work.

susupetal:
Have fun at the cottage. Now, let me get after that champers! :)

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home