Friday, April 18, 2008

Illustration Friday: Primitive -

"A Primitive Geometry"
monotype by Mick Mather
I had a lot of great ideas for the theme of primitive, the word-of-the-week at Illustration Friday, but not enough time to develop any of them. In the end I decided to go with this monotype which is an early test while developing that series of prints called "A Square Peg and a Round Hole". No manipulation beyond resizing and a necessary bit of sharpening was applied. That said, I'm off for a well deserved round of cocktails after another long week. It isn't quite over yet since I'm one of the designated welders for a metal sculpture assembly early tomorrow morning. You know what they say, "No good deed goes unpunished!"

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Warm texture and colour, nice.

2:39 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Hey Mick, I had to loop to you via one of your comments on an old post. When I clicked on your thumbnail it linked back to IF!

That said, I like this! Love the layers and the subtleness of the subject.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks, Susu! :)

studio lolo:
Thanks for the tip Laurel. I'm not sure what happened but I've loaded the image at IF again. I hope the linking works this time.

3:26 PM  
Blogger soulbrush said...

i like the colours and the primitiveness of it.

3:32 PM  
Blogger S. Collier said...

this may be my favorite thus far...i think you should get front page on IF this week! hope the drinks were soothing.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

forever young:
Thanks very much for this comment. I peeped past the curtains at your place and your Animal Wednesday piece reminds me of Paul Klee.

the charm school dropout:
It's a mystery about the IF front page thing but thanks for the support. The drinks, hmmm ... bought a bottle of Rosemount Shiraz and proceeded to find my way to the bottom of it. :)

4:14 AM  
Blogger van dyke said...

Great textures and movement. I like it!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

van dyke:
On the whole, the best part of this piece is the cropped image seen here. The rest of it wasn't quite up to standard but it did move me forward with these particular monotypes. Thanks for the comment and for dropping in. :)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home