Saturday, May 03, 2008

Gotta get a move on -

"The Fabulous Display"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I believe I have a few days of playtime coming. That will apply offline as well as on, but for tonight's post we're paying closer attention to the latter. I took two different elements, dragged them open to get a bit of pixelation, used a smoothing filter, enlarged that to this size and then began with the plug-ins, manipulators and other tools to knit them together. This is a working method that I employ often and the key ingredient tonight was to just have fun. I did have, with the added benefit that the piece came out a bit of alright at the same time. As you might surmise from the introduction, I have some real work to get to, but not this weekend! :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mick said...

escaperoute2:
Glad you enjoyed this one. :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

So beautiful! Mick
i love the colors and wonderful composition.

Have a nice week

8:38 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

harlequinpan:
Thanks for saying so and for stopping by No Matter What Shape - The Archive last week. That was an excellent question for a blue-collar quantum mechanic like myself. :D

5:10 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Season sales have begun! Elegia, Helene and Susu are rushing for the goodies! And do they look slim and stylish!
Thanks, Mick!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

This is elegant, the whole stuff is elegant (colors, women, the scene).

11:52 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Ahh, nothing so satisfying for a man like me who's in favor of the womens' movement, especially from behind! :D

elegia:
Thanks for the comment about elegance. I'm not sure though. It appears certain that Susu, making a beeline through the shop door there, is soon to take something shiny from the bottom of that window display! I'm listening for the crash as we speak! :D

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one Mick! For some reason I'm hearing that song "Walk this Way" when I look at this.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
Thanks for the good word and for putting a quarter in the juke box! :)

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home