Thursday, May 01, 2008

NEW from The Toys Series -

"Car"
digitally manipulated tempera-on-paper painting by Mick Mather
As I make progress with these childlike paintings I find myself growing steadily happier with the project. It's very close to taking control, just as The TV Dinner Series of monotypes did in the not so distant past. I suppose that one of the things I like about them is the quick-study and iconic nature of the subject matter and the fact that they can be splashed down without guilt, again, as a child might do. The real work comes after they're scanned and the digital manipulation, filtering and layering begins. In any event, forgive me if I'm repeating myself here, I have a vision of matting and framing each painting alongside the digital transformation. That could be trouble but we'll see.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

That car looks happy!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
It does look happy ... almost like it's going to giggle right out loud! :D

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home