Monday, May 19, 2008

NEW from The Toys Series -

"Train"
digitally manipulated tempera-on-paper painting by Mick Mather
The series continues with this cacophony of line and, as I was looking back at these over the weekend, I was stunned to see how quickly the images have changed stylistically. Much of that is due to the filtering process while the initial method of creating the fast and loose paintings remains basically the same. I only mention this as a point of interest ... well, interesting to me at least. I look forward to the time when I have 2 or 3 dozen of these to exhibit. When I arrive at that, ahem, station, I may have a bit of a task organizing them any other way than chronologically; but, what could be more fun?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

This is no slow train coming! Movement makes me almost think of merry-go-round, such joy in this pic.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I say thanks so much for this comment. I, too, felt the movement of the piece as it was being developed. It's almost like it was just sent careening across the floor by a child ... and, in this series, that would actually be the point. :)

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work Mick, as I've already said, I know, I like this series! It's so...playful!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
I love hearing you say so! :)

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home