Saturday, May 31, 2008

NEW from The Toys Series -

"Red Ball"
digitally manipulated tempera-on-paper painting by Mick Mather
Today's post is the ninth piece shown in The Toys Series. I have an even dozen in the file and every intention of attempting to accomplish another dozen for my upcoming exhibition at The Weiskotten Gallery during the month of July. Initially I was thinking to mount the original paintings alongside the manipulated versions but expense has thrown that idea straight out the window. I'll quite likely choose one, representative painting as a reference point to hang with my exhibition statement. Gee, now I've tired myself out completely thinking about all of the work that lies ahead!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

Almost Japan in my eyes... So pure and simple. Beautiful colors!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Thanks for this description of it. The iconic rising sun connotations aside, I, too, get an Asian feeling from this. The shapes, for sure, but the softness and the colors themselves add to the effect.

1:09 PM  
Blogger S. Collier said...

great composition. when is your show?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

the charm school dropout:
Thanks so much, Sarah. The show will be during the month of July in The Weiskotten Gallery at Upstate Medical Research Hospital here in Syracuse, New York.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a productive guy!!! Sometimes I can't keep up with my comments. So...to save some time I'll combine...on the bike toy piece, I like it, as I've liked all in this series, although I'd go so far as to say it wasn't my MOST favorite in the series. Now this par contre, I really like! Gotta luv all that bright red now don't I?! So give us exhibition info. Even though I doubt seriously I'd be anywhere near, still, it's nice to know so we can encourage you on!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
Thanks very much for commenting on both pieces. :)

The exhibition will run from July 1st thru July 31st at The Weiskotten Gallery, located in the library at Upstate Medical Research University in Syracuse, New York.

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home