Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Common -

"A Common Door"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
Common is the weekly theme at Thursday Challenge. This particular entry is one of several in a loading bay at an old, not-quite-abandoned warehouse. Aside from it's innate ordinariness, it's monotonous, the fact that it's undistinguished and, in this dilapidated state, perhaps even vulgar, it certainly fills the bill. Only a single manipulation was layered with the original photograph and what you see here is true to the original ... well, pretty much!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

That door reminds me of Elegia and the houses she haunts in.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I can hardly believe it myself! You're absolutely right! :O

11:40 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

So we can say that common is beautiful.
I would also say that if I had the place for that door I would take it, repair it, paint it, and make something very nice out of it.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I've rarely been disappointed by the beauty found in common, everyday things. I bet that door will be refurbished one of these days, the building is a work-in-progress of artist and musician studios. :)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I love this door too! I would put a pretty curtain in it so no one can see me :D

There's something old ans innocent in this picture, Mick.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I thought that you might enjoy this one and I love what you said about old and innocent. That fits. :)

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home