Sunday, June 22, 2008

An alternate version, as promised -

"Down by the Jetty"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Last weekend I posted a piece called "Take Me to the River". A companion piece grew out of that same creative session, I promised to show it soon and here you have it. I get a wrong side of the pier feeling when I study this and feel like I'm looking out over a brackish, weedy pond of still water. The framing element used here is not, as you might imagine, meant to be a frame, but to offer other elements of interest. Particularly along the bottom where, personally, I feel as though I've pulled onto the shoulder of the road and that I'm looking over the top of a guardrail. If there are comparisons to be made between the two images, I won't be the one to make them. The only commonality for me is that both images, as stated, arose from the same basic layers. I hope you enjoy them.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Of course I had to compare the two, and I should at least say that they are very different.
(I'm busy, too busy to stay a long time, but I hope to be back tomorrow.)

5:09 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Any amount of time that you have here is always appreciated, Hélène. :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Why is it raining again? Where is the summer? It's 12 degrees Celsius.

Had to listen to Dr Feelgood's Down by the Jetty and look at this pic.
It made me feel sad.

Or is it the rain?

9:02 PM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

Great composition!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
How can you feel sad listening to Dr. Feelgood? That's a pretty raucous album if I remember right. :)

harlequinpan:
Thanks, Harlequin! :)

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home