Sunday, September 21, 2008

Autumn leaves are falling -

"Study for an Autumn Construction"
manipulated digital drawing by Mick Mather
There's a wealth of natural detritus spread along a footpath, a wooded trail, an unpaved access road, a slope, a hill and a few depressions not far from my front door. A few of these locations, as I've been quietly walking them, have begun to whisper their own ideas upon the wind. Mixed with my own, hazy details begin to take form and now this study. The piece is an intended cube that will be a square yard in size and comprised of natural materials, including the colorful leaves of Autumn as they appear, all knit together in layers or as a basket or, who knows. I'll document the piece when it's been built ... sometime within the next 2 months I should imagine. Wait for it!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Simply a very beautiful color composition. So calm and soothing. Go on, I'll wait for the result.

11:53 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

This looks like a patch work, nice and warm!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
We're due for a particularly sunny week here so I might be able to get started with the project. Gathering enough material may well be a task that I haven't properly assessed at this point ... even so, the leaves - that will add color - are just beginning to turn.

susupetal:
Thank you, Susu. It's a rather flat-looking 2D rendering and I'm delighted with what you have to say about it. My task will be to keep it looking like this when I build it in 3D. If I can keep it warm and inviting, I will have accomplished something.

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home