Monday, September 15, 2008

Rain, rain, go away -

"Leighlund's Cairn - Another View"
stacked stone sculpture by Mick Mather
The introduction, "rain, rain, go away", is for Susupetal ... most of us who have the privilege to know her understand that she dislikes the coming of the Finnish Autumn, fraught with fog and gloom and rain. But I digress. We've had an extraordinarily wet, cool summer in this part of the world too. Lately, that fact has included a lot more rain - pushed north and east by the hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico - that filled this little creek next to Leighlund's house. I took my camera over there yesterday to document the possible destruction of the piece but was rewarded with a perfectly brilliant, sunny day with our little cairn proudly standing its ground and diverting the stream. Next step will be to document the winds of autumn and the falling leaves that might just bury this little stand of stone.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Hmm, it seems I've made myself clear...

Well, it hasn't been raining for some days now, I've noticed.
The sun was here also for some hours during the weekend.

(gosh, this optimism is driving me crazy!)

8:50 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

The morning was grey and dull, but the sun is coming through. Maybe I'll go and build a cairn somewhere in the garden too. It could be a good idea.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO @ Y-O-U, Susu ... now you want to have it both ways! :D

hpy:
Ooh, now that would be fabulous for the garden. I really think you should. :)

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home