Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Plants -

"Shade Trees of Saratoga"
photograph by Mick Mather
On the way back from Vermont a few weeks back, I stopped at one of the rest stops on the Northway near Saratoga Springs, New York. Since one of the sub-topics at this weeks Thursday Challenge is trees, I offer this. Sorry to rush off but I'm not actually here at the moment - I'm at The Orange Line Gallery for the opening of the "Life and the Traveler Show" where I'll be exhibiting a handful of pieces. If you're in town, the Opening Reception is at 305 Montgomery Street - 2nd Floor, from 5pm to 8pm as part of Third Thursday.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

A great place for a picnic! Helene will bring the wine, Elegia hopefully doesn't cook anything too poisonous, Itkupilli-Kirsi brings the cloth to the ground, I'll bring my guitar and you'll do the rest: bread, cheese, grapes etc.
A deal?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

"A deal", you ask? I've been waiting there for an hour already! The steaks are just about medium and the chef needs a Beaujolais ... better hurry up. :D

4:33 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Don't worry, I won't cook anything! But wine is ok and I hope Mick would sing us something beautiful! Very beautiful place on your photo, Mick :)

And thank you very much for remembering my birthday! I didn't receive a cake, sniff!!! But my husband gave me an electric blanket and I love it :D

12:39 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

How many bottles do I bring? And what color? OH, you asked for a Beaujolais! Red! Do you want me to bring a Saint Amour? A Julienas? One of each of the Beaujolais rivers maybe!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Sing something? In honor of Hélène's choice of wine, how about Al Green's "Take Me To The River?

... and: HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!!

hpy:
You better bring a case lot. All of the above sound perfect! :D

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home