Tuesday, September 09, 2008

NEW from The Birdhouse Series -

"Birdhouse XV"
manipulated digital drawing by Mick Mather
I feel like I've been neglecting this particular series recently. I do enjoy creating them and now that I've completed this last one in the documentation files, perhaps it's time to get busy and do a few more. I'm sure I will, but not right away, the meeting schedule has fired up again and I'm already going to be out a few nights this week. Later ... I have a committee meeting to get to.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

That orange color, moon? sun? orange? is comforting.
This birdhouse makes me feel sad somehow, it looks like a prison.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I suspect that, given the darkness of the image, this is the moon. Sorry about the sadness vibe ... with summer about gone, there's more than enough of that going 'round!

10:34 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Simply beautiful.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thanks, Hélène. :)

4:49 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I like your birdhouse series - even if it's a bit cruel. Now I can see the lonely bird in a yellow-golden prison. How sad that is! I would also say, it's a moon. I like this very much too.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I didn't intend this to be cruel but it does appear as though there's an imprisoned bird here.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Mick, I want to see everything in cruel or horrible way, I think ;)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
LOL ... well, at least I have one satisfied customer!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh wow. I really, really like this. This is an awesome addtion to your collection. I love the colours, the clarity, the texture. There is a lot of 'wow' here.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
I'll be blushing all day from this enthusiasm for the piece! Thanks, Lisa. :)

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home