Sunday, September 07, 2008

Observing nature and a reinterpretation -

"Stream and Stones at High Water"
digitally manipulated fractal collage by Mick Mather
At this time of year, walking outside - or even just looking outside - to experience the air, light, heat, sun, rain and the changing of the season is a nice way to relax. Free flowing thought, influenced by the environment, flashes on and off with a variety of ideas and possibilities that will need to consider the sharp corners of recurring, urgent concepts that insist that I pursue them. For a number of years I've been interested in riparian restoration of a particular creek, my intervention being that of siting sculpture within the creek itself. Not a new idea, certainly, but one that continues to insert itself into my own consciousness. This post was created in response to much of this recent thinking.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

What a great calling you have to follow Mick. I have every faith and will watch this space! How come my river/creek/pond callings see me picking up rubbish??

6:17 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
LOL ... your cleaning efforts are much more admirable than my meager attempts at beautification. On the other hand, one must keep an open mind as regards the detritus that is removed from a river/creek/pond. The 'found' material can always be used for some sort of an artwork I should imagine.

6:49 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

I have a feeling that the summer is running away. Too much rain perhaps.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
We always have more rain than most in this neck of the woods. This season has been quite cool, however, and I'm sure that you're correct about summer running away!

4:54 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

wow you really do wonders with your digital style! havent been here for a while and i lost your link. your old one has shut down i see? and i mean the syracuseblog days..

10:13 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

atomicvelvetsigh:
Thanks, Velvet, and I'm pleased that you found your way back here. Sadly, the local blog failed after a few years and went away.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home