Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Making connections -

"Framework I"
manipulated digital photograph by Mick Mather
For one reason or another I can't seem to break away from work on the Kings Court Cube. This isn't a complaint, mind you, as the continued additions and connections with the recently completed sculpture are fabulous in and of themselves. Today's post comes from a group of photographs (I speak about them here) taken while checking on the condition of the piece. It soon became clear that some of these wonders of nature could be seen as drawings and I quickly set about looking for as many as I could find that might work in 2-dimensions toward that end. Here's the first of what may become a new series as well as an addition to the documentary record of that land art project.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

You're caught in your own web. Webs are masterpieces, all of them.

11:22 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, Mick, this is just stunning! I love this!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I couldn't agree more ... on both counts! :D

susupetal:
Thank you so much! As I look at this again this morning I realize that the unseen hand of Giacometti is in here someplace. I'm reading a delightful book about him at present and I find it just a little bit eerie the way ghosts insert themselves into my work from time to time. :O

5:23 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Wow, this really is great!

11:14 PM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

Architecture without architect! :)

1:55 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
The more I look the more I wonder if I made it dark enough for you. :D

harlequinpan:
Well, there is one, but it's just a little spider, without a degree or a license. I sometimes wonder how many human designers, builders and architects have been inspired by the work of wild life and the insect kingdom over the centuries?

5:06 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I couldn't quite leave...this is really special. You can't leave the kings court cube and I can't leave nests. I see them both here. That hoiday seems to have done you wonders! I can wait to see where this is going...

8:56 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Thanks once again for your enthusiasm for this work, Lisa. So, where is it going? The short answer is: into a documentation of the original piece - Kings Court Cube - and all the work it inspires, such as this image and others that arose from the photographic foray that directly resulted from creating the cube. That might appear as a PDF Catalog or as traditional Coffee Table Book. The long range plan is for an exhibition when there's enough to show.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Wow...that's really awesome news! I will most definately follow this new journey! I'm really chuffed to hear your continuing on this road. It's clear the journey's definately not over!

I'm doing a happy dance for ya!

2:45 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
LOL - I appreciate all that you've said, keep on dancin'! :D

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home