Saturday, January 17, 2009

Breaking trail -

"Deep Woods Walk Book Cover #1"
manipulated digital photograph by Mick Mather
After doing a bit of investigation as regards moving forward to publish some of my Walking Art Projects as coffee table books, a little bit of cover design seemed a good thing to do this morning. I now have two covers designed, including this one, and will likely post the other one sometime soon. All of this comes smack dab in the middle of scanning my old photographic records of old walks (as I believe I just mentioned recently) and it's becoming quite a revelation to realize just how many walks I've accomplished. Well, back to work ... lots to do!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mick, what a great idea for a book! This cover looks good, looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Shani:
I'm glad you like it and thanks for the encouragement. I have scores of photographs from different walks that Ive taken over the past decade and the larger task is to group them in context before addressing reinterpretations. I've said it before, "there's always something to do!"

10:47 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Interesting to see that other cover, too, although this looks already quite perfect.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
I believe that the cover for Janus Park Walk 2007 will get posted rather soon. I'm delighted to know that you find some perfection in this one of course. Thanks, Susu. :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I am glad there's a tree here, I would walk just to see trees. Walking beneath, around and through trees is a tonic to my soul...especially when my camera is in hand.

Can't wait to see how this progress's. I'd love to publish some day... some how.

Be well!

Word verification- unpubs. Is that as in currently un-published? wooah! even word verif' knows this is a good idea:)

7:03 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
There's a wonderful County Park where I used to walk at least three mornings a week - camera in hand! There are eight trails of varying lengths, one of which is called the Deep Woods Trail, hence the title of this walking art project. The dark area, framed by the dead tree, is the entrance to that 1.4 mile loop. It occurred to me that this particular documentation might take the form of a little mystery for the young teen set. Time will tell.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home