Tuesday, January 13, 2009

NEW from Fog Walk 2008 -

"A Walk in the Fog IV"
manipulated digital photograph by Mick Mather
I'm working away on documentations of at least half a dozen of my walking art projects. Today's post carries me another step further in the Fog Walk 2008 series of digital prints and I must admit, this body of work appears to be a gold mine of images. The goal for this year is to begin releasing a series of coffee table books as well as developing a series of guided community walks that will include using the arts so that participants can interpret and document each walk for themselves. Get your map and compass ready!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Amazing plans for this year! Good! I'm ready for a walk already!

I don't need to repeat myself, that is with that Japanese look I'm always blabbering about.

I like this pic very much. The greyness isn't too hopeless and that twig seems to have all the courage I lack at the moment.
This touched me, thank you.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Truth be told, I was thinking of you when I chose this one from among 10 possible versions. I don't know what kind of printer you have but, perhaps, you should print this one out. Put it someplace where you can see it often while the track of the winter sun slowly, slowly and slowly takes a little longer to creep across the sky each day.

3:51 PM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

i like this work very much!It gives me a wide range of inspiration, from a view of Asian, i feel intuitive Zen mood, or withered branches in the wind and snow but still beautiful,it also gave me a feeling of Henri Matisse's sketch of nudes or the minimalist lines of great artists Lucio Fontana .

Most important, It's your style, and it's really great!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

harlequinpan:
Having been much influenced myself by the minimalists and color field painters, your words here mean a lot to me. Thanks, with a blush. :)

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home