Saturday, January 31, 2009

Expanding horizons -

"The Secret Shed"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
- click on image to view full size -
Today's post is rooted in an old photograph of a farm shed that's been almost completely overgrown by weeds and second growth. After running it through the usual array of plug-ins to add a little bit of mood and darkness I used what is called the stitch tool in another photo editor to add volume. I'm not sure how well I'm going to like this since the blog automatically resizes large images and what you see here is a scaled version - click on the image to see it full size.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger studio lolo said...

I like it Mick. The textures and blurring makes it look very ominous. Like bad things happen in there.

My cat thanks you for the comment ;)

9:45 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I bet Elegia would like to live in there! It looks just so mysterious and gloomy.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
Everyone likes a dark and ominous mystery, Laurel. By the bye, kitty is most welcome and I bet she isn't a'skeert to go in there!

SusuPetal:
I thought Elegia DID live in there! :O

7:41 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Somber woods.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Somber is one word for it. I wonder if, having looked at the original photograph, anyone is amazed at the power of nature to overtake the hand of man in a relatively short period of time?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Secret and scary! I am sure big, big spiders live there. I looked at the original and like what you did to it.
It looks as though you've taken a rubber and smudged it while it was wet.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
One of my favorite plug-in filters can give an image a very organic look. Often grotesquely so and I tend to be spare with it. In this particular piece I let it fly, though. I'm glad you like it. :)

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home