Monday, January 26, 2009

Thinking back -

"Ayres Rock: A Dream Walk (Revisited)"
digitally manipulated monotype & collage by Mick Mather
You can go back to this post of August 11th, 2007 for further details about this piece. As I bring it forward to the present day, the image arrived as I was doing my 2008 year end review and some file back-up. At the same time I've recently been immersed in a series of site specific land art sculpture installations along with further study, preparation and development of a series of "walking art projects". As you can see, this image is currently one documentation for a virtual walking project that is still a seed buried inside my fertile, if disturbed, mind. By the way, a dedication this time goes out to my very good friend, Mary Stebbins Taitt.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger catnapping said...

i'm liking the colours...they remind me of the feel of sand under my bare feet, and how reassuring that can be.

(unless it's a hundred degrees out and your feet have ignited from the itty bitty, eensy teesny grains of super-heated rocks!)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

catnapping:
Now there's an image I can get comfortable with considering the fact that there are minus a hundred degree itty bitty, eensy teensy granules of ice outside! :)

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home